Navigation Menu
24 St. Joseph Home Cemetery

24 St. Joseph Home Cemetery

St. Joseph Home Cemetery

  • Author: newcloud_service
  • Date Posted: Mar 20, 2021
  • Category:

In 1944, the Sisters of Our Lady of the Cross came to Marcelin area to help build and run a home for the aged, supported by a generous local donation. St. Joseph Home received its first resident in August 1944. It included an agricultural operation to sustain the facility and its residents. A large barn, now privately owned and visible from the cemetery, marks the location of the home. This cemetery, part of the home’s operation, is no longer active. In 1956, the Sisters moved to Prince Albert to establish Mont St. Joseph Home there.